Sunday, August 29, 2010

Clucky for Clogs

I love that fashion can exist without rules, and that just because something is old, it is never out of fashion or less stylish. So I thought I'd resurrect the flower power inside me and bring it all to life, and express my inner hippie. It wasn't hard, and I think it looks fab, and you can do it too. Clogs are huge right now, I see them everywhere I go, but they can be wasted with a bad outfit, because people aren't sure how to style them, all it takes is a good look back in time, and it all comes together. Get inspired like I did from The Runaways, and don't ever be afraid to go there!
(Above: Sportsgirl -Black turban, black knee highs, tan clogs, white vintage top. Dotti - Denim Waist-coat. Op-shop - floral skirt.)
(Below: From Left: Sportsigrl - poppy dress, tan belt, black turban, knee high socks, sunglasses, and clogs. Pony & the Seal - Teapot necklace. As above. Op-shop - faux fur, printed top. Pierre Cardin - glow mesh bag. Sport
sgirl - flairs, clogs. Pony & the Seal - cassette ring. Op-shop - jumper. Cotton On - shorts.) To get that 70s look all it takes is a pair of clogs, a rope headband/turban over long locks, a bad-ass pair of flairs or thigh high socks, and bold print that brings the flower power baby yeah!
(Sportsgirl Tan Clogs, Pierre Cardin Glow Mesh Bag.)

(Sportsgirl Black Clogs and Bag)

The Runaways

Channel your inner hippie star child, and rock it like Pony & the Seal.
Peace Out!


Image sourced from (http://steadydietoffilm.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/27/runaways.jpg)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo someone has been a busy bee this weekend. I love this post! Some really great 70s style outfits. I really want a pair of flairs now >.<

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, found you on twitter. Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete